Parts mounting clarification

Joe Ford
Greetings Elecrafters:

I' m Joe, K4NVJ and currently in the process of constructing K2 #4155.

Everything is going smoothly so far. Just one quick question.
Installation of RFC13 calls for mounting the first color band to the
left. Are they referring to the first band of the value designator, in
this case "brown" which would place the gold band over the heavy band
(vice the 3 lighter ones)?

I'm sure this question has been raised before but I don't recall the
answer so just want to be sure. Appreciate your assistance.

73,
Joe

K1#764
K2#4155 (uco)

Re: Parts mounting clarification

Don Brown-4
Hi

I think the idea is to install all of the resistors and inductors so the value reads the same way. This makes it easier to read the values when looking at the board. It does not matter which way they read as long as they are the same way. I like left to right when looking at the board from the front and left to right when looking from the left side for the parts that mount perpendicular.

Don Brown
KD5NDB

  I' m Joe, K4NVJ and currently in the process of constructing K2 #4155.

  Everything is going smoothly so far. Just one quick question.
  Installation of RFC13 calls for mounting the first color band to the
  left. Are they referring to the first band of the value designator, in
  this case "brown" which would place the gold band over the heavy band
  (vice the 3 lighter ones)?

  I'm sure this question has been raised before but I don't recall the
  answer so just want to be sure. Appreciate your assistance.

  73,
  Joe

  K1#764
  K2#4155 (uco)
  Post to: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
  Elecraft web page: http://www.elecraft.com<http://www.elecraft.com/>