Photo of Large Tuning Knob for VFO B

Gary Hvizdak
On Tuesday Dec 9th John (KH7T) wrote ...

"I have installed a standard main tuning knob on VFO B ..."

--

Being curious, I emailed John and he replied back with a couple of nice
photos, plus an invitation to post them somewhere appropriate on the web.

Thanks to K3HRN, you can now see one of John's photos at the *bottom* of
this pageĀ < http://www.zerobeat.net/mediawiki/index.php/SpotLight_on_K3 >
on the K3 Wiki website.

73,
Gary  KI4GGX

K3 AND QUADRA

KENT TRIMBLE
Would appreciate those driving a Quadra with their K3 contacting me off-reflector.

73,

Kent   K9ZTV

[hidden email]

RE: K3 AND QUADRA

Timothy Raymer-2

Kent,

There is the Guy in Jeff City I know that is using one....

<GRIN>

73 de KA0OUV

RE: K3 AND QUADRA

Timothy Raymer-2

My apologies.  Intended for Mr. Trimble only.

Tim Raymer

73 de KA0OUV

Re: K3 AND QUADRA

Jerry Flanders
Quadra plus K3 works FB. Do the ALC mod, install the pull-up
resistors for the automatic BCD bandswitching, wire up the cable to
interconnect everything, and enjoy.

Jerry W4UK

At 03:18 PM 12/13/2008, K9ZTV wrote:
>Would appreciate those driving a Quadra with their K3 contacting me
>off-reflector.
>
>73,
>
>Kent   K9ZTV

RE: K3 AND QUADRA

Joe Subich, W4TV-3

> wire up the cable to interconnect everything, and enjoy.

Quadra    Quadra                   K3         K3
  ALC    Band Data                ACC        +12
  RCA     DIN8/262               DE15HD      RCA
             1         13V                   Tip
             2         PTT          10
             3         GND           5      shell
             4          A           13
             5          B            3
             6          C            9
             7          D           14
             8      Tx Inhibit       7
           shell      Shield       shell
  Tip                  ALC          15
 shell                 GND          12

Note: Nonstandard numbering of DIN8/262 plug.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

Re: Photo of Large Tuning Knob for VFO B

Thom LaCosta-2
At 12:49 PM 12/13/08, Gary Hvizdak wrote:

>Thanks to K3HRN, you can now see one of John's photos at the *bottom* of
>this page < http://www.zerobeat.net/mediawiki/index.php/SpotLight_on_K3 >
>on the K3 Wiki website.

Actually, wb8yqj, Don, put the pix up on the wiki...he's one of the
tireless Wiki-tenders.
All of us involved in the wiki are more than happy to add information
that will be of interest and help
to the K3 community.

73,
Thom k3hrn