Picked up used K2

Mike Bellow
I just picked up a used K2 and have been checking it out.I think I found
2 issues with the radio,Receive on 15m,12m,10m is fine sounds good seems
to be right on.On 17m and 20m the receive audio is very sharp not like
the other higher bands,My question is where do I start to get these two
bands back inline correctly?This is my first Elecraft and am very
impressed with it's operation,I actually like the rec better than my new
Ft-950.

tnx Mike W2TI

Re: Picked up used K2

Don Wilhelm-4
Mike,

I believe you need to do a good IF filter alignment.  There is a change
in sidebands for 15 meters and above. due to the placement of the VFO
above or below the received signal.

You will need the internal counter probe - if you did not receive it
with your K2 (and it is not inside), you will need to obtain the parts
from Elecraft.

I recommend you use an audio spectrum analyzer such as Spectrogram and
your computer soundcard to see where the filter passband is placed.

Look at the K2 Dial Calibration article on my website www.w3fpr.com -
part 3 of that article deals with filter alignment, although you may
want to do the whole procedure and have good dial calibration too.