Placement and cooling

W2BLC
Are there any limitations in the placement of the K-line equipment
regarding side-by-side placement? What about top clearance?

Am I correct in assuming that open to the front and open to the back is
sufficient?

I will building a custom desk to accommodate - that is the reason for
the questions.

Thanks,

Bill W2BLC

--
Sent from my blackboard - written in chalk

Re: Placement and cooling

Don Wilhelm-4
The KPA500 requires a minimum of 2 inches above the enclosure and also
behind the fan.

On 1/21/2012 8:23 AM, W2BLC wrote:

> Are there any limitations in the placement of the K-line equipment
> regarding side-by-side placement? What about top clearance?
>
> Am I correct in assuming that open to the front and open to the back is
> sufficient?
>
> I will building a custom desk to accommodate - that is the reason for
> the questions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill W2BLC

Re: Placement and cooling

AC6JA
So I take it you wouldn't want to stack the K3 on top of the KPA500 or vice
 versa?
I'm trying to figure out right now how to make space for a KPA500 and  a P3.

Mike  AC6JA

In a message dated 1/21/2012 2:21:03 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[hidden email] writes:

The  KPA500 requires a minimum of 2 inches above the enclosure and also
behind  the fan.

On 1/21/2012 8:23 AM, W2BLC  wrote:

> Are there any limitations in the placement of the K-line  equipment
> regarding side-by-side placement? What about top  clearance?
>
> Am I correct in assuming that open to the front and  open to the back is
> sufficient?
>
> I will building a  custom desk to accommodate - that is the reason for
> the  questions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill  W2BLC

Post:  mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by:  http://www.qsl.net
Please help support this email list:  http://www.qsl.net/donate.html

Re: Placement and cooling

Folks,

I related what is currently in the KPA500 manual - and that is valid as
long as there is nothing placed on top of the KPA500.

But I also heard from a member of the KAT500 design team.  The KAT500 is
designed to fit on top of the KPA500, and that means the clearance for
the top of the KPA500/KAT500 will change depending on the tests and
analysis of air flow and a host of other factors with the KPA500 in
place on top of the KPA500.

In other words, the top clearance dimension will change - the real
figures are not yet known, and that information will be available as
soon as it is known - give engineering time to do the required testing.