Please suggest video capture?

Paul Saffren N6HZ
Hi Tom,

What is the best video capture board to get?  Please suggest one, we need it for some screen capture from P3/SVGA for some engineering work, but also to play with your program.

Thanks and best regards,

Paul

On 5/22/2012 9:17 PM, tomb18 [via Elecraft] wrote:
I have now got a working version of Windows4P3 that allows displaying the video and controlling the P3 via the internet.  The performance is acceptable with configurable bandwidth.  You can read about it here:
http://va2fsq.com/?page_id=130
I will be looking for beta testers but of course you will need a video capture board connected to your SVGA P3 adapter.
73's VA2FSQ

http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/Windows4P3-Remote-Edition-tp7556375.html
To start a new topic under [P3], email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from [P3], click here.
NAML

--
Paul Saffren - n6hz
Firmware Engineer
831.763.4211
www.elecraft.com

Re: Please suggest video capture?

tomb18
This post was updated on .
Hi Paul,

The Avermedia HD Game Broadcast VGA PCIe is excellent.  It requires a PCIex4 slot but will work at full HD with no dropped frames at all.  It's around $150. Make sure you get the vga.  It also comes with HDMI.
Thanks

Re: Please suggest video capture?

tomb18
This post was updated on .
If you are interested, I have posted a video of the Remote version of Windows 4 P3 on my web site.  It got cut off at the end, but you'll get the idea.  I'll try for something better later.
It performs quite acceptably at 1440x900 and 200kb/s.  Of course scaled down and at a higher bit rate it's quite good.

http://va2fsq.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_0012.mov

Re: Please suggest video capture?

John Ragle
Paul....

     I am using an AVerMedia C127 "GameBroadcaster HD" in a slot on my
DELL XPS 420...it captures the output from the P3 without dropping
frames, and of course gives one the "windowed" P3 output directly on my
WIN7 Ultimate machine -- totally resizeable, relocatable, etc.

John Ragle -- W1ZI

=====

On 5/23/2012 6:50 PM, Paul Saffren N6HZ wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> What is the best video capture board to get?  Please suggest one, we
> need it for some screen capture from P3/SVGA for some engineering work,
> but also to play with your program.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Paul

Re: Please suggest video capture?

Paul Saffren N6HZ
Thanks everybody.  Unfortunately my desktop does not have a free slot available and from what I can tell there're really no good USB solution.

73,

Paul