Poor performance on 6M

K8RS
K3 Group,
              I was looking forward to the ARRL June QSO Party this weekend to see how the K3 did on 6M.
              Result: Not very well!
              When a fellow ham called to correct a Grid Square report that I had missed, I knew I'd have to switch over to my Kenwood 2000 where I could hear much better, The change was so dramatic that I was floored.  Obviously, we need a lift on 6M receive!  Transmit seemed fine with solid reports, but the weak audio on receive was a severe handicap.
              More later!
                              Roger K8RS

Poor performance on 6M

Ken Kopp-3
FWIW, mine seems fine on 6M and I live in a quiet "country"
area.  I can hear band noise when I connect the 1/4 wave GP
antenna.

73! Ken Kopp - K0PP
      [hidden email]

Re: Poor performance on 6M

Rajiv Dewan, N2RD
Connected up my signal generator to the antenna input.  I can discern
a CW signal at -137dBm.  This is with the 250Hz filter.  I used an
uncalibrated HP8640B sig gen.

This seems to match the ARRL reports.  Another 5dB would be nice.

Raj

--
Rajiv Dewan, N2RD
[hidden email]