Potential Purchase of K2 Cw Beat Note Question

Potential Purchase of K2 Cw Beat Note Question

frank-142
Its it possible to change the CW pitch to 350hz with the K2?
If it is possible, will it offset the xmit freq so your still zero
beat?   I'm trying to download the K2 manual but keep losing my web
connection.
The standard 750hz pitch freq on CW is too high for my old ears to
copy comfortably.   Frank W7IS

Re: Potential Purchase of K2 Cw Beat Note Question

Don Wilhelm-3
Frank,

The lowest frequency that the K2 sidetone will go is 400 Hz.  The default is
600 Hz, and yes, the frequency offset is automatically computed.

I believe the 'standard' of 750 Hz came about when designers were using the
filter and SSB BFO crystals for CW too (saved switching in another crystal).
I always thought that pitch was too high, but I had to endure it during my
Heathkit days - we had no choice.