Power meter

Joe G
Can anyone suggest a good power meter to calibrate the K3

Joe
W1JGS
Joe
W1JGS

Re: Power meter

Dave, G4AON
Joe the power meter in the K3 comes calibrated from the factory. If you
feel the need to calibrate it then you will need a fairly high
specification meter. The factory calibrated LP-100A is pretty useful...
I have my LP-100 in series all the time these days, it shows up the poor
ALC control of the K3 on SSB where the peak power is quite variable...

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80 (firmware 2.38)

Re: Power meter

Joe,

To calibrate the K3 power as indicated in the manual, only a good dummy
load is required, not an external wattmeter.
If you want to do something more, then you may want to take a look at
the LP-100 meter.  Larry offers a service to calibrate an assembled kit
for free (other than cost of shipping), or he has assembled and
calibrated wattmeters for sale.  Take a look at http://www.telepostinc.com/.

Joe G wrote:
> Can anyone suggest a good power meter to calibrate the K3
>
> Joe
> W1JGS

Re: Power meter

W6NEK
Hi Joe,
The last I heard, Elecraft uses the Telepost LP-100 Vector Wattmeter to
calibrate factory assembled K3's.
Reasonably priced, very flexible meter available in kit form or factory
assembled & calibrated.
http://www.telepostinc.com/lp100.html

e-Ham Reviews:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/5981

73,
Frank - W6NEK

> Can anyone suggest a good power meter to calibrate the K3
>
> Joe
> W1JGS
>
> -----
> Joe
> W1JGS

RE: Power meter

Joe G
All
Thanks for the input

Joe
W1JGS

> Can anyone suggest a good power meter to calibrate the K3
>
> Joe
> W1JGS
>
> -----
> Joe
> W1JGS

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Power-meter-tp1211374p1213054.html
To start a new topic under [K3], email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from [K3], click here.

Joe
W1JGS