Power supplies

Bill W
Mike,
I have used the Samlex SEC1235M supplies for several years with no issues. I know there have been some fellows who have said the fan noise is objectionable to them but I have never had the issue. In fact that fan rarely comes on with my K3 running 100 watts.
Good luck.
Bill - W0BBI

Re: Power supplies

Randy Moore
It may be that there's a difference between the Astrons of yesteryear and
new ones. When I got my K3 about 2 years ago, I went shopping for a new PS.
Astron was my first choice. Two were DOA. Their customer service was not
helpful. I ended up with a Samlex 1235M also and that has been fine.

YMMV!

73,
Randy, KS4L

Re: Power supplies

Tony Estep
On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Randy Moore <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It may be that there's a difference between the Astrons of yesteryear and
> new ones....

Over the history of Astron power supplies there have been some component
changes and some design changes. There is an entertaining and informative
trove of Astron lore available on the web. Here is an excellent starting
point:

http://www.repeater-builder.com/astron/astron-intro-stuff.html

73, Tony KT0NY

--