Progress on my K2 assembly S/N 6698

WE0H
Just completed the 40m alignment and all is working perfect. Now onto
stuffing the rest of the RF board components...Hope to have the radio
complete this weekend.

I have to assemble the DSP kit yet, then install all the options after
alignment of the other band stages. I have the NB, SSB & 60m/XVTR kits
built already, plus all the headers installed. Took a bit to figure out
I needed to jumper this & that pin on the headers since I installed the
headers instead of the W jumpers as I built the RF board up through the
40m stage.

This is the 10w version. I picked up the AN762 linear amp board from FAR
at the Orlando hamfest to build an external amp for those occasions
where I want to run more than 10w.

Building a 14mc IF LF/MF transverter once the radio is complete. This
radio will see lots of use on 600, 1750 & 2200 meters.

I have to say this is one super easy radio to build. The enamel wire is
a breeze to strip/tin with some rosin and a 80w iron. Piece of cake
winding the toroids with those procedures and pictures in the manual.

More info later...back to the bench I go!!! This is tons of fun.

Mike
WE0H