QSK Thump on KX-1

Jeff Imel
My KX-1 is serial number 32.  It was built this week and it is a lovely rig.  I do have a problem with QSK thump.  I am wondering if any of you have experienced this and I am interested in learning what you did to correct it.

It thumps when it goes from transmit to receive and the receive audio slowly comes back up to normal after about a half of second.  It does not do it all the time, only after I have been sending for about a minute.  Once it starts thumping, it will continue to thump until I cycle power.  Sometimes that removes the thump, sometimes it doesn't.  I have tried using three different antennas with and without an external tuner and nothing removes the QSK thump.  I experience QSK thump on all bands.

Any ideas?

Thanks and 73

Jeff
KB9ZUR

You must subscribe to post.
Subscriber Info (Addr. Change, Unsub etc): http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
Elecraft page: http://www.elecraft.com

RE: QSK Thump on KX-1

Jeff Imel
Update

I operated late last evening and the QSK thump stayed consistant all evening
long.  This morning, I turned the rig on and over a two hour period and two
QSO's I did not experience any thump at all.  I was using the same antenna
as last evening and same external battery pack with a voltage of 10 volts.

Maybe it healed itself!  :)

73

Jeff
KB9ZUR