Question about KNB2 Noise Blanker (Gain reduction in NB2 position)

Question about KNB2 Noise Blanker (Gain reduction in NB2 position)

Ken G3WCS
Hello all,

I just completed the KNB2 and added it to my K2 transceiver.

All menu indications are as they should be and the blanker seems to be
working correctly in the NB1 mode at both HI and LO THR settings. The
receiver gain seems normal.

I have a question about using the noise blanker in the NB2 mode. Is it
normal to see a big reduction in gain through the receiver? When I
switch to NB2, either HI or LO THR, band noise and all signals drop by
quite a few S points.

I have checked the board and don't see any errors. Before I dig deeper
into this I'd be grateful for any comments about overall RX gain when
using NB2.

If gain should be unaffected, I would be grateful for any pointers of
where to look.

Many thanks.

Ken.

--