Question about autotuner in K2

Millerhill
I'm waiting for a KAT100 amp to be delivered for my K2. For now I'm using a 40m end fed LNR antenna so bypassing the ATU at 100W should be no problem, but I plan to hang a new Buckmaster OCF 7 band antenna, and can't seem to locate the power limits of the internal K2 ATU. Do I have to get an external 100w tuner for the KAT100?

Steve Roberts-W1SFR
Sudbury, VT

Re: Question about autotuner in K2

Don Wilhelm-4
Steve,

The stated power rating of the KAT2 is 20 watts if I recall correctly.
But it really does not matter, you will need to KAT100 with an OCF
antenna.  There is no way to use the KPA100 and the KAT2 together. If
you mount the KPA100 and KAT100-2 in an external EC2 enclosure, the KAT2
will be bypassed.  OTOH, if you mount the KPA100 on the base K2, the
KAT2 will be removed along with the low power top cover.