Question on KAT2

Jerry Deibel
Hi all,

Just putting together the KAT2 and can't find where it says to install R6.  I am on page 7 where I am ready to install P4 and P5( it says that R5 and R6 are clearly visible).    The only mention of R6 was in the beggining, at the 2nd step,  the manual says  " Install R3, R4 and R5. Note: R6 (47 ohm) and R5 (470 ohm) have similar color codes"
Is this a miscue in the manual?

Jerry, 4472,  N2UZ

Re: Question on KAT2

Augie "Gus" Hansen
On 11/23/04 5:00 PM, "jerry" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just putting together the KAT2 and can't find where it says to install R6.  I
> am on page 7 where I am ready to install P4 and P5( it says that R5 and R6 are
> clearly visible).    The only mention of R6 was in the beggining, at the 2nd
> step,  the manual says  " Install R3, R4 and R5. Note: R6 (47 ohm) and R5 (470
> ohm) have similar color codes"
> Is this a miscue in the manual?
>
> Jerry, 4472,  N2UZ

Hi Jerry,

Do not install R6 at this point in he construction process, even though it
is shown in the illustration. You are instructed to install it later after
the unit is assembled and tested. If you put it in now, you won't be able to
successfully complete the test procedure.

73, Gus Hansen
KB0YH

Re: Question on KAT2

bill linn
Hi Augie,  I put the KAT2 together a few months ago and remember this point
in the build.   I had the same question and I'm sure other builders have
stumbled at this point also.   When the next manual change for the KAT2
comes around it would be a big help to include at this point, "(Do not
install R6, it will be installed later.)"  or something similar.

Bill - W7WEL

Re: Question on KAT2

Paul Saville
KAT2 manual rev D, page 17, fifth paragraph.