Question on the BL2 with the KX-1

Peter N. Spotts-3
Hi Folks,

Odd question as I get ready to take my KX-1 into the field: Can the BL2
in effect replace the BNC-to-binding-post connectors for a random-wire
antenna? As I looked at the BL2's circuit diagram, it appeared as though
hooking the antenna to the A screw terminal, any radials to GND, and
setting the switch to 1:1 might do the trick. But I wonder what the
inductance present in that side's transformer windings might do to wreck
this idea.

Is this out to lunch, or can I leave the binding posts behind and take
the balun assembly for more versatility in antenna choices? I'm also
thinking of whipping up a version of the Norcal doublet. BTW, I have the
auto tuner installed in the KX-1.

With best regards,

Pete "rusty on antenna stuff" Spotts
--
Peter N. Spotts -- W1PNS
http://www.w1pns.net

Re: Question on the BL2 with the KX-1

Don Wilhelm-4
Peter,

You would connect the radiator to terminal A and the radials to terminal
B.  If you want to connect to a ground (it is not necessary), then it
will connect to the GND terminal.

The NorCal doublet is a complete antenna for parallel transmission line,
and that has nothing to do with radials as you stated in the first part
of the question.  Please clarify if you are asking about 2 different
situations or did I misinterpret your question.