Question re Image Rejection

W4FMS
Hi All:

I've had a strange problem pop up on my K2 what I think is an image
rejection related.  On 17m, only during the daytime, I have about a 2-3 bar
s meter reading across the entire 17m band.  I can hear stations through it
but it seems to always be there regardless of K2 mode.   It's gone in the
evening.   It only happens on 17m.

Since I've never had an issue with image rejection before, I'm not certain
how image rejection really manifests itself in a receiver?  My K2 is #1608
and I did not install the image rejection mods in the Rev B
upgrade....didn't see the need.

Does this sound like an image rejection problem?

Frank, W4FMS