Quick/Simple Question

Dave Wright
This seems like something I should know, but I'm not certain I ever came across this info.

I just finished installing the P3SVGA option and I have decided to power my P3 from my power supply using the included power cable, rather than powering it from the K3.  The P3 requires 10-15 vdc with the center being positive polarity.   The included power cable has one wire that is black, and one that is black with grey stripes.

The question is; which one is connected to the tip/center?  The black wire or the black and grey wire.

Again, I appreciate the assistance with such a simple question.

73

Dave

--
Dave Wright
K3DCW

"Real radio bounces off the sky"

Re: Quick/Simple Question

Arthur Burke
I wasn't certain either, but a quick check with a multi-meter answered the
question.
Art - N4PJ

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 7:36 AM, Dave Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This seems like something I should know, but I'm not certain I ever came
> across this info.
>
> I just finished installing the P3SVGA option and I have decided to power
> my P3 from my power supply using the included power cable, rather than
> powering it from the K3.  The P3 requires 10-15 vdc with the center being
> positive polarity.   The included power cable has one wire that is black,
> and one that is black with grey stripes.
>
> The question is; which one is connected to the tip/center?  The black wire
> or the black and grey wire.
>
> Again, I appreciate the assistance with such a simple question.
>
> 73
>

> Dave
>
> --
> Dave Wright
> K3DCW
>
> "Real radio bounces off the sky"

Re: Quick/Simple Question

Ian Kahn, KM4IK
I used a digital VOM, one lead to the tip of the plug, the other to find
the zero resistance value at the exposed ends of the wire.  I don't
remember which is which, but this test will tell you quite quickly and
easily.

Hope this helps.

73,

--Ian