Quick query on KX1 parts list - RF chokes

Quick query on KX1 parts list - RF chokes

Pete Spotts
Folks,

I'm going thru the RF-choke envelope, and for L7, I have a gold-gold-red instead of the manual's yel-vio-gold. Intentional parts change? Or is the manual correct? I see nothing about L7 in the errata sheet.

I have not yet opened the resistor pack, so no inadvertant parts confusion here - yet. ;-)

With best regards,

Pete Spotts
KC1JB
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Re: Quick query on KX1 parts list - RF chokes

Don Wilhelm-4
Pete,

Your eyes are playing tricks on you - gold-gold-red does not make any
sense for either a resistor or an inductor.  Gold is only used as a
multiplier band (0.1) or a tolerance band (5%).

Have someone with good color vision (usually female) take a look at it
under good light (sunlight is great).  Even if she does not know the
color code, she can relate the colors seen.  Be certain not to confuse
the body color with the color bands.  Sometimes a color band is the same
as the body color.
The color saturation used to be much better - and that is not just my
aging eyes, I have some old components with nice bright color bands to
compare.

[hidden email] wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'm going thru the RF-choke envelope, and for L7, I have a gold-gold-red instead of the manual's yel-vio-gold. Intentional parts change? Or is the manual correct? I see nothing about L7 in the errata sheet.
>
> I have not yet opened the resistor pack, so no inadvertant parts confusion here - yet. ;-)
>
> With best regards,
>
> Pete Spotts
> KC1JB
> Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Re: Quick query on KX1 parts list - RF chokes

gdaught6
Don wrote...

> Have someone with good color vision (usually female) take a look at it
> under good light (sunlight is great).  Even if she does not know the
> color code, she can relate the colors seen.

Yes, but she's apt to say things like "mauve, lavender, taupe" which probably doesn't
help with the problem!  8-)

73,

George T Daughters, K6GT
CU in the California QSO Party (CQP)
October 3-4, 2009

Re: Quick query on KX1 parts list - RF chokes

AC7AC
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.