RE:Control board resistance checks on K2, help a newbie please

RE:Control board resistance checks on K2, help a newbie please

James T. "Jim" Rogers, W4ATK
Jason wrote:
For Q1 collector, Q2 collector, U6 pin 13, U6 pin 14, U8 pin 15 and U8 pin
16, I get a reading of "0L" on my BK Tool Kit model 2704B DMM.  This is the
value that's normally displayed when you turn the knob to measure resistance
and have an open circuit (i.e. the test leads aren't connected to anything).
  Does this mean I have an open circuit somewhere, or is the 0L mean
infinite resistance (which would be OK on the checks)?

Jason, same difference, infinite resistance is open circuit. I have
forgotten exactly what my resistance checks measured at this point, but I
would say, keep on truckin'. The main thing you are looking for is something
that would measure very low, and consequently you might let the smoke out of
some part. Don't be concerned about your DMM not flashing. All DMMs behave
somewhat differently from one another. The slow change you observed on P2
pin 1 is probably the 22ufd cap charging up. Again nothing to be concerned
about. I would say you are doing great.

73 Jim, W4ATK
K2/100 #4028