RE:DeoxIT contact cleaner

James T. "Jim" Rogers, W4ATK
        I could not resist telling my DeOxit story.
        While I was making the decision to buy the K2 kit and eventually the
construction phase I had in the shack a set of Drake twins, R4C/T4XC, that
had belonged to a deceased family friend. This gear had not been on the air
in years and the band/mode switches were absolutely black with crud and
corruption. I tried several cleaners but they just would not hack it, until
I tried DeOxit AND A SMALL FIBRE BRUSH IN MY DREMEL TOOL! That did the
trick.
        Alas, now the faithful Drakes have taken a seat on the sidelines as K2/100
#4028 is now the primary rig. Once a week, I fire up the Drakes to keep the
moisture out, but the DeOxit is there if I should, once again, need it.

73 Jim, W4ATK
K2/100 #4028

You must subscribe to post.
Subscriber Info (Addr. Change, Unsub etc): http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm