RE: K2 #4039 - Distorted transmit audio

Nicolas Pike
Hi,

Following reports of poor transmitted audio, and aided by a fellow K2
owner we set about a little investigation.

What happens..

Raspy, clipping?, (distorted by RF?), almost Dalek (For UK readers!!),
sounding transmit audio.

We checked the various board, joints etc, swapped things with the known
working K2 and established..

1. The issue is with the control board, when swapped, it gives the same
fault in either K2.

2. No obvious component problems.

3. Another interesting observation on both K2's, was how the 12v rail
modulates when you transmit?

Any suggestions, where / what to look for on the control board, or other
ideas?

Thanks!!!

Regards
Nicolas
www.m1hog.com

---

Re: RE: K2 #4039 - Distorted transmit audio

Stewart Baker