RE: L1 & L2 Alignment Problem

Carl-N8VZ
Michael, et al,

Thanks for all of the fine suggestions about my problem of no transmit.  The problem has now been solved due to the sharp eye and good troubleshooting skills of my friend Drew, W8MHV.  This afternoon he discovered that I had soldered one of the leads of R5 on the top of the RF board into the wrong hole.  This was the hole meant for RFC-12 on the back side of the board.  Therefore, when I soldered RFC-12, I put one of its leads into one of the holes meant for R5.  In other words, my first error lead to my second error.  Everything now seems in order, and I'm happily doing the final alignment.

I appreciate the outstanding help of this board, and Drew's help as well!  A hearty 73 to one and all!!!

Carl
N8VZ

--
Carl J. Denbow, [hidden email] on 6/7/2004

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 11:32:07 -0500, Masleid, Michael A. wrote:
> Hi Carl,
>
> If you tap DISPLAY, then hit TUNE, you can see how much the voltage
> and current changes in transmit.  What do you see?
>
> 73, Michael, AB9GV

You must subscribe to post.
Subscriber Info (Addr. Change, Unsub etc): http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
Elecraft page: http://www.elecraft.com