RF gain per band

F5LCI
Wayne, Lyle et al.

In a future firmware update, I would like that the RF GAIN could be set independently on each band.
Anyway, what about this idea ?

72 de FO/F5LCI, Jean-Marc

Re: RF gain per band

Lyle Johnson
Hello Jean-Marc!

I think you are referring to the KX3, since the K3 uses a variable
resistance control rather than an encoder.

The PRE setting (ON or OFF) and ATTN setting (ON or OFF) is stored by
band.  In addition, the PRE gain can be set to 10, 20 or 30 dB, also per
band.  This allows 40 dB of gain tailoring per band.

Perhaps using these features will help balance the gain from band to
band in your station.

73,

Lyle KK7P

> In a future firmware update, I would like that the RF GAIN could be set
> independently on each band.

Re: RF gain per band

F5LCI
Hi Lyle,

Thanks for your fast reply.
OK, I adjusted PREAMP gain on each band I'm using, and will use ATTN on low ones.
I suppose that it is better than using RF gain, further in the receiving path ??
But QRN (latitude 18°S) is so high on "low" bands that I need to use RF gain control, too, which varies along the hours, anyway.
(BTW I know that a vertical whip is not ideal regarding atmospheric noise ;-)

72,
Jean-Marc, FO/F5LCI

"To nobody, except those who will take pleasure here" (Franz Schubert, 1797-1828)