RF probe

Don Scippa
Hi Guys,
Just ran into a problem with the K-1 vfo checkout. Not getting signal from
the vfo so I need
a schematic for an RF probe. I tried to take a look at one on the Elecraft
site, but all I got was a blank page.
Double checked every component for correct value and all
  solder connections look good. Could be q1 on the FP board.

Thanks
Don K8EAA
sn 1979

RE: RF probe

Don Wilhelm-3
Don,

All it takes is a 0.01uf capacitor, a 1N34 diode, and a 4.7 megohm resistor
plus some wire and plugs to fit your DMM.  There is a circuit diagram in the
troubleshooting section of the K2 manual, just download the manual from the
Elecraft site and search for 'RF Probe Assembly'.

If you want to see a neat implementation of an RF Probe, take a look at
N5ESE's Ballpoint RF Probe  http://www.io.com/~n5fc/rfprobe2.htm - it is a
tight fit, but I have built a couple of these from time to time.