Re: Elecraft Net Announcement

Bill Coleman-2

On Jun 5, 2004, at 9:26 PM, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:

> Ha! That's hilarious - the prefix of a routine, FCC random-assigned
> call
> sign for a station in Oregon a multiplier?

That's the rules for the WPX (World-wide Prefix) contest.

> Okay, I'll promise never to try to understand the mind of a contester.

It's easy. It's just part of the rules. The same guys calling you in
WPX would be ignoring you in CQ WW or in ARRL DX. Each contest has its
own set of rules, which makes the strategy different (and fun!) in each
case.

> Next contest (except for the occasional Field Day outing), I'll be
> chewing
> the rag with someone on 30 meters.

That's fine. Just remember that for any WPX contest, you could likely
generate a pileup from Oregon by calling CQ.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: [hidden email]
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

You must subscribe to post.
Subscriber Info (Addr. Change, Unsub etc): http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
Elecraft page: http://www.elecraft.com