Re: Elecraft] OT: soldering leads to coin cell batteries

Re: Elecraft] OT: soldering leads to coin cell batteries

FREDL
Hello Captain John,
  I've attached wires to coin batteries by lightly grinding off a small patch of plating on the battery and then tinning that patch first with solder. Then I tin the wire and join the two together. Nothing to it.
Fair winds and calm seas,
Fred AK5U  K3-#3246
========================

Message: 26
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 06:35:06 -0800 (PST)
From: John Ferguson <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Elecraft] OT: soldering leads to coin cell batteries
To: [hidden email]

Does anyone here have experience soldering leads to coin cell batteries?
My Compaq Armada M300 needs a new cmos battery.  the present one is a 2032 with 2 leads and a molex plug.

my
scheme is to put the needle point on my trusty WTCP, remove the leads
from the old battery, sand them and tin them and using the flux I used
for the smt project, quickly as in QUICKLY touch the point to the leads.

Why not?

AI4TO  John Ferguson m/v arcadian

FBL

=======