Re: Firmwre upgrade

Milt -- N5IA
Jessie,  Thanks for the reply.  No, I had not allowed the rig to just sit
there for a period of time.  Following your usggestion, I have done so and
the rig finally reads the new Firmware after approximately one minute.

However, there appears to be another problem.  The I/O Firmware is NOT being
read.  I get a 081 message.  I have tried the EPROMs for the other rigs and
the same problem.  I have returned the old Firmware chips and still the
same.  So, I believe there is a component problem associated with the CW
keying Mod.

I have been over the mods a number of times, together with another Ham, and
find no problem with component placing, etc.  I find it hard to believe that
the components in this section might shut down the whole capability of
reading the I/O chip.  Anyway, exhausted here.  Any suggestions of where to
go to find a clue?  Thanks in advance for the effort.

Milt, N5IA

Re: Firmwre upgrade

Mike Harris-9
G'day,

| However, there appears to be another problem.  The I/O Firmware is NOT
being
| read.  I get a 081 message.  I have tried the EPROMs for the other rigs
and
| the same problem.  I have returned the old Firmware chips and still the
| same.  So, I believe there is a component problem associated with the CW
| keying Mod.

That rings a bell, I think I got that message when I installed the new
firmware back to front in the KPA100.  It stopped the auxbus from working.
The chip survived!

Regards,

Mike VP8NO