Re: Internal or External amp for K2..what are my, options

Re: Internal or External amp for K2..what are my, options

Al Sather
Greetings

I have found the K2 to open to modification.
I have an early version the the HFPacker. It was supposed to trigger by
sensing RF.
This strategy did not work very well.

I put a switch in the K2 that sensed sent a signal to the HFP. This
worked perfectly and drives the HFP at 40 watts on 80 meters.
I did not do this work myself so I do not know the details. I can get
them if you want.

Also, it drives my Ameritron AL-811H at 100 watts

I also am planing to put RF buffered amp to provide an RF-port to drive
the LP-Pan2 panadaptor. Details are at
http://www.telepostinc.com/LP-PAN.html

Yes the K2 is a versatile little radio.