Re: K1 calibration question...More info

Mike Morrow-3
> So now, I get it on both x.047.5, great. My 40m band now
> starts at 7,001.8 and 20m at 13,995.5

I see you need to shift the frequency coverage down a few kHz so you have full 40m coverage.  That can ONLY be done one way, and the adjustment will shift the coverage of ALL bands by the same amount:

To shift your frequency coverage DOWN, RAISE the frequency of the VFO slightly by spreading just a little a couple of turns on the large VFO toroid L1 on the RF board.  I just use my fingernail.  Then tune the VFO down to the low end of 40m and see the new low end.  I usually shoot for a 40m low end of about 6998.0 kHz, which is enough to accomodate any initial VFO drift and still be able to always cover the low end of 40m.

If you got too low after spreading those turns, just scoot a few turns bach closer together.

An approximate 5 kHz difference between 40m low end and that of any other band has been typical for the entire 12 year history of the K1.  It's harmless, and impossible to change without