Re: K2 power output

G3VVT

In a message dated 05/02/05 17:50:03 GMT Standard Time,  [hidden email]
writes:

I have  noticed an irregularity on my K2 output.

When setting the power level a  2 watts, and then using the ATU I get a
reading on my SWR/power meter in  the line of 4 watts.   Setting power
on the K2 to 3 watts, I get  4 watts on the in line meter. I thought the
meter might be faulty, so  replaced it with another with the same
result.  And the ATU gives me  a reading of, say 1.3:1, whereas the
SWR/power unit shows  3:1.

Try replacing the antenna with with a dummy load and see what the result is
then.

The external SWR meter will be a voltage reading device and you may be at
point where the voltage is higher. Changing to a dummy load should give the
correct answer.

Bob, G3VVT