Re: KX3 Small Screen for the QRP Gang

Bill K9YEQ
Eric,

I don't have an iPhone and probably won't.  I want to use the version 4iPod
touch with the KX3.  Lacking much familiarity, what do I need for add-ons to
make it be my Panadapter for the Kx3?  So far it appears the iDSR, and ???
I want the full 48Khz screen.

73,
Bill
K9YEQ

Re: KX3 Small Screen for the QRP Gang

Bruce Beford-2
Hi Bill.

I have a gen3 iPod Touch and use iSDR with the Blue Microphone Mikey:
http://www.bluemic.com/mikey_for_ipod/
However, I am not sure that it is compatible with the gen4 iTouch.

If you go to the iSDR developer's website:
http://www.digitalconfections.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&
id=46&Itemid=54

You can investigate what people have used with the gen4 iTouch.

GL,
Bruce, N1RX

> I don't have an iPhone and probably won't.  I want to use the version
4iPod
> touch with the KX3.  Lacking much familiarity, what do I need for add-ons
> make it be my Panadapter for the Kx3?  So far it appears the iDSR, and ???
> I want the full 48Khz screen.

> 73,
> Bill
> K9YEQ

Re: KX3 Small Screen for the QRP Gang

DigitalConfections
Check out the iSDR Forum for information related to using the app.

Stereo Input: http://digitalconfections.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=61&func=view&catid=4&id=6

For iPod touch 4th generation and later you'll need the same solution required for iPhone 4 and later. Instead of a camera kit you'll need a 3rd party stereo microphone adapter device. Details are on the forum.

Re: KX3 Small Screen for the QRP Gang

Bill K9YEQ
I check the forum as I am now looking for an adapter before the 4G iTouch
arrives.  The one device is $150 and the others are either not ready or
don't meet my simple dongle requirements for stereo input.  I do intend on
using the iPod as a Panadapter.

73,
Bill
K9YEQ

Re: KX3 Small Screen for the QRP Gang

DigitalConfections
It might be worth checking alternative sources for the iPod touch/iPhone 4 stereo adapters, such as eBay. Although the products are relatively new to the market, you never know what you might find on auction.