Re: Measure Capacitance

Richard Haendel
It seems several hams on this reflector have had difficulty reading and
measuring small capacitors (like me!!) .  I recently purchased an L/C meter
from almost all digital electronics, AADE,  www.aade.com.  This is not a DMM
but measures inductance and capacitance only.  It can measure capacitance
down to 1 pf accurately,   It can also measure inductance as well.  I have 4
calibrated capacitors and one calibrated inductor.  In each case the
measurement error was about 0.5%.  for me that's plenty good.  The meter has
a zeroize function so that stray capacitance can be removed from the
reading.  It comes with a small PC board with single line strip connector so
small two leaded capacitors and chip capacitors can be easily measured.  I
have no financial arrangement with this company. I just think AADE provides
a great instrument at a good price.  My $0.02 worth.

Rich W3ACO