Re: PKA 500 HUM

Tobyp
I have an Astron 35M which does this.  I placed two heavy books on top of the cabinet,  and this quietens it down.   Keying in cw makes it much worse.

I think I will postpone getting the KPA 500 until this is solved.

The amp uses a linear supply,  which is good,  but if the transformer is not insulated  (isolated ) properly it can be a night mare.

Toby   W4CAK

Re: PKA 500 HUM

Leigh L. Klotz Jr WA5ZNU
Administrator
I've had mine for a long time, and I've heard it hum twice, and never when I've been using it.
I'm not sure it's worth postponing an order for.

KPA 500 HUM

Johnny Siu
Hello OM,

For those who suffer from 'hum' (I solved my problem already), please contact [hidden email]

Gary and his colleague will always be glad to help.

TNX & 73,

Johnny VR2XMC

從︰ Leigh L. Klotz Jr WA5ZNU <[hidden email]>
收件人︰ [hidden email]
傳送日期︰ 2011年09月28日 (週三) 12:17 PM
主題︰ Re: [Elecraft] PKA 500 HUM