Re: Positioning of the 4-400s

Ralph Parker
>Seems there could be a problem with the grids in the tubes sagging
>and touching the plate if not operated in the proper position...

I ruined a perfectly good pair of 4-400s once
by forgetting that little detail :-(
I'm not taking any chances with my KPA500!

Ralph, VE7XF

Re: Positioning of the 4-400s

Jim Rhodes-2
No grids to worry about in the KPA500! As long as airflow is not inhibited
you should be able to position it any side up, down or hanging upside down
from the ceiling.

Jim K0XU Sent from my Xoom tablet
On Oct 7, 2011 2:42 AM, "Ralph Parker" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >Seems there could be a problem with the grids in the tubes sagging
> >and touching the plate if not operated in the proper position...
>
> I ruined a perfectly good pair of 4-400s once
> by forgetting that little detail :-(
> I'm not taking any chances with my KPA500!
>
> Ralph, VE7XF

Re: Positioning of the 4-400s

Guy, K2AV
One may get the "dreaded hum" if one puts the KPA500 up on end, since the
weight of the internal transformer is now supported differently.

The dreaded hum apparently can be worrisome, having been recently blamed for
objects disappearing off the desk, mouth and eye twitches, insomnia, skin
rashes, temporary and permanent insanity, barking fits among neighborhood
dogs, PMS-like symptoms, and "jerky-sounding" CW from a paddle.  That was
horizontally polarized hum.  Who knows how bad vertical could be...

73, Guy.