Re: SUB RX and Calibration quesitons

Buck - k4ia
Very interesting video.  Couple of questions.

1.  The SUB  RX.  If I check the box I do get the blue passband but it
doesn't move when  I turn the small VFO knob.  Did I understand that is a coming
attraction?  I can move the blue passband with the mouse and hear the  second
RX.  Is this really a poor-man's KRX3?  Seems with the LPPan  you are getting
the benefit of a single conversion RX (post roofing filters) and  DSP filtering
but it is not a true copy of the main RX like the KRX3.

As I think about this, listening to both VFOs through the LPPan/SDR  combo is
bypassing the second IF and the DSP filtering in the K3.

2.  I still have trouble understanding the synchronization of  the pandapter
to the K3.  The vertical red line seems to be the tuned  frequency + the
sidetone but a CW signal appears to be sitting in the middle of  the passband which
is up another 650hz.  I can adjust the IF Frequency  Global offset to the
sidetone frequency to put the CW signal on the red  line.  But, when I switch to
the other side (CWL to CWU for instance) the  signal is offset.  Is this
normal?

Buck
k4ia
K3 #101