Re: a PSK question

John Ragle
"Vantage Number 1" -- It is advantageous to be able to see the entire
2.5-3.0 kHz part of
the spectrum usually used by PSK operators, but if one is running a P3,
its display comes
prior in the receive chain to the <SHIFT LO-CUT-HIGH WIDTH> settings of
the K3, so use
of available K3 filters allows one to cut down on adjacent channel
interference without
losing the overview of the PSK "channels."

I run my P3 through a frame grabber in a window on one of my monitors,
and it sits happily
next to FLDIGI's screen window.

I still believe that proper use of a narrow-bandwidth mode such as one
of the PSKs enables
(nay, obligates) one to work with ~25 watts of power or less, as
needed...and with excellent results.

John Ragle -- W1ZI

--
Sent from my lovely old Dell XPS 420