Receiver Performance Numbers with SSB filter

Receiver Performance Numbers with SSB filter

Dave White-3
I was wondering if anyone has evaluated the K2 receiver performance numbers
with the KSB2 as the principle IF filter instead of the onboard filter
adjusted to 500Hz bandwidth?  I expect the 5Khz BDR and IMD DR3 might suffer
somewhat, but has anyone actually played with this?

IMD DR3 seems to be a "hot number" that lots of folks are focusing on
lately, but I'm trying to decide how relevant this excitement is in
"real-world" SSB work.

Regards

Dave
VE6DRW

Re: Receiver Performance Numbers with SSB filter

Stewart Baker
On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 06:04:49 -0700, Dave White wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has evaluated the K2 receiver performance numbers
>
> with the KSB2 as the principle IF filter instead of the onboard filter
> adjusted to 500Hz bandwidth?  I expect the 5Khz BDR and IMD DR3 might suffer
> somewhat, but has anyone actually played with this?
>
> IMD DR3 seems to be a "hot number" that lots of folks are focusing on
> lately, but I'm trying to decide how relevant this excitement is in
> "real-world" SSB work.
>
> Regards
>
> Dave
> VE6DRW

My measurements show that the ultimate close in rejection of the SSB filter is
at least 10dB worse than the onboard CW one, so I don't think that there will be
much to be gained.

73
Stewart G3RXQ