Reflector

Phil Hystad
Yet another way to handle the large number of postings to this reflector...

I follow a lot of different e-mail reflectors, most of them are software oriented where the new messages per day is in the low hundreds.

I handle this by redirecting the e-mails to folders for each of the groups that I follow.  Thus, my regular e-mail inbox is not polluted by excessive e-mail messages.

This makes it easy to scan through the messages at the end of the day or periodically through the day and pick out the ones I like.  But, the real advantage to this is that after a while, you start to build up a significant library of good technical information local on your computer.  In my case, my search techniques on this local computer far exceed the methods available via on-line mailing list archives.

I am typically hit by 250 to 350 e-mail messages a day because of the groups I follow and I do not find this to be a problem what-so-ever.  Oh, of course I have fairly highspeed download (~20 Mbps) but even with lower download speeds, performance is usually not a problem.

73, phil, K7PEH

Re: Reflector

Thomas Norff
yes...
and with a tool like 'Lookout' you can find anything within a second ... at
least under windows ...

73 Thomas, DM7TN