Regulations

AMFMTV
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Elecraft Reflector:
Please be careful what  you wish for and/or petition for.
How great of a "service" the Amateur Radio  hobby would be
if we all had type approved radios, requiring a yearly
"checkout" at a licensed measurement office ($500 per radio,
per band,  per mode), channelized frequencies so we would
all be within <50Hz of a  designated center of channel, a
single mode of "approved" operation, radios  so simple no
one would need to have any knowledge of how to operate
the  thing, etc., etc.  Wow!  Thats like living in an HOA
dwelling!  And, the greatest thing of all....since no one
would need  to know how to make his radio meet all spectral
purity and emissions tests,  WE WOULDN'T NEED ANY LICENSES!
Frequencies waiting to be used by  ANYONE!  CB everywhere (gasp).
Please!  Be vewwy vewwy careful for  what you wish.

73
Ted  W8IXY   K3 #1717