(Resolved bad cable): Question about Elecraft K3 Utility for Linux Revision 1.14.4.11

(Resolved bad cable): Question about Elecraft K3 Utility for Linux Revision 1.14.4.11

Larry Lopez
This post was updated on .
I've uploaded the firmware using K3 Utility.
I want to save my configuration and nothing else
the log contains:

02:17:11 Elecraft K3 Utility for Linux Revision 1.14.4.11
02:17:11 K3 boot loader is waiting for MCU firmware load.

The firmware information section shows things like:
         Installed in K3     Available
MCU  ??.??                   4.83

and on the Configuration tab everything is grayed out.
so I can't even save the configuration.

Why doesn't it show the MCU installed version ?
Why is the configuration tab grayed out.

Now I'm really going to bed.
Larry

PS: The hardest part was picking up the FT1000D.  It's 51 pounds !!!
Of course the Astron 50 amp supply is pretty heavy too.

RESOVLED Re: Question about Elecraft K3 Utility for Linux Revision 1.14.4.11

Larry Lopez
Getting a brand new 25-1402 cable
from radio shack made everything work.

It's now showing the installed firmware versions.
The save configuration button is no longer shaded out.
Perhaps my hacked together cable wasn't working right
somehow.

2 RXD_OUT
3 TXD_IN
4 DTR_IN