Rose's KX3 dust covers

Rose
My thanks to all who have shown an interest in my
KX3 dust cover.  There's a prototype on the way to
Wayne for his final evaluation.  He's been most
helpful in fitting several prototypes to his KX3 and
providing feedback, as I don't have one to use as a
mannequin.

I'll have photos available and one posted on my URL
http://tinyurl.com/7lm3m5 in a few days.  All the fabric
and thread colors shown on the URL will of apply to
the KX3 cover.  There may be a limitation to the size
and amount of embroidery due to the size of the cover.

I will offer the cover without the cutout for the paddle
assembly for those who don't plan to use it.  I don't
envision being able to include the paddles as part of
the cover, BTW.

Making the covers is "picky" work because of the small
size and it takes me longer to make a KX3 cover than
one for a K2 or K3. There is a small "pillow" needed on
the inside of the top to raise the top up to the level of the
knobs. The pilow and the inside of the top is lined with
flannel to protect the display and front panel from abrasion
by the fabric.  I make the front of the P3 covers the same
way.

The cost will be $38, PPD via First Class Mail.  As is the
case with the rest of my covers, you'll need to add $5 for
non-US mailing.

73!

Rose - N7HKW
[hidden email]

Re: Rose's KX3 dust covers

wayne burdick
Administrator
I have Rose's prototype KX3 dust covers, and trust me, they look great
and fit perfectly.

The KX3, with its top-facing controls, benefits even more from a dust
cover than radios with front-facing knobs.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

On Dec 28, 2011, at 11:33 AM, Rose wrote:

> My thanks to all who have shown an interest in my
> KX3 dust cover.  There's a prototype on the way to
> Wayne for his final evaluation.  He's been most
> helpful in fitting several prototypes to his KX3 and
> providing feedback, as I don't have one to use as a
> mannequin.
>
> I'll have photos available and one posted on my URL
> http://tinyurl.com/7lm3m5 in a few days.  All the fabric
> and thread colors shown on the URL will of apply to
> the KX3 cover.  There may be a limitation to the size
> and amount of embroidery due to the size of the cover.
>
> I will offer the cover without the cutout for the paddle
> assembly for those who don't plan to use it.  I don't
> envision being able to include the paddles as part of
> the cover, BTW.
>
> Making the covers is "picky" work because of the small
> size and it takes me longer to make a KX3 cover than
> one for a K2 or K3. There is a small "pillow" needed on
> the inside of the top to raise the top up to the level of the
> knobs. The pilow and the inside of the top is lined with
> flannel to protect the display and front panel from abrasion
> by the fabric.  I make the front of the P3 covers the same
> way.
>
> The cost will be $38, PPD via First Class Mail.  As is the
> case with the rest of my covers, you'll need to add $5 for
> non-US mailing.
>
> 73!
>
> Rose - N7HKW
> [hidden email]

Re: Rose's KX3 dust covers

Don Wilhelm-4
I saw one KX3 dust cover when I visited with Wayne Dec 16.  I can say
that it fits the KX3 nicely and really looks good.
I usually keep my equipment open and "ready for use", but I think I will
have to have one of Rose's covers for my KX3.  I am beginning to wonder
whether I want any special "words" on it.

On 12/28/2011 2:43 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:

> I have Rose's prototype KX3 dust covers, and trust me, they look great
> and fit perfectly.
>
> The KX3, with its top-facing controls, benefits even more from a dust
> cover than radios with front-facing knobs.
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR
>
> On Dec 28, 2011, at 11:33 AM, Rose wrote:
>
>> My thanks to all who have shown an interest in my
>> KX3 dust cover.  There's a prototype on the way to
>> Wayne for his final evaluation.  He's been most
>> helpful in fitting several prototypes to his KX3 and
>> providing feedback, as I don't have one to use as a
>> mannequin.
>>
>> I'll have photos available and one posted on my URL
>> http://tinyurl.com/7lm3m5 in a few days.  All the fabric
>> and thread colors shown on the URL will of apply to
>> the KX3 cover.  There may be a limitation to the size
>> and amount of embroidery due to the size of the cover.
>>
>> I will offer the cover without the cutout for the paddle
>> assembly for those who don't plan to use it.  I don't
>> envision being able to include the paddles as part of
>> the cover, BTW.
>>
>> Making the covers is "picky" work because of the small
>> size and it takes me longer to make a KX3 cover than
>> one for a K2 or K3. There is a small "pillow" needed on
>> the inside of the top to raise the top up to the level of the
>> knobs. The pilow and the inside of the top is lined with
>> flannel to protect the display and front panel from abrasion
>> by the fabric.  I make the front of the P3 covers the same
>> way.
>>
>> The cost will be $38, PPD via First Class Mail.  As is the
>> case with the rest of my covers, you'll need to add $5 for
>> non-US mailing.
>>
>> 73!
>>
>> Rose - N7HKW
>> [hidden email]
>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Rose's KX3 dust covers

Bill K9YEQ
Me too.  I am thinking "Elegeek"

73,
Bill
K9YEQ

I saw one KX3 dust cover when I visited with Wayne Dec 16.  I can say that
it fits the KX3 nicely and really looks good.
I usually keep my equipment open and "ready for use", but I think I will
have to have one of Rose's covers for my KX3.  I am beginning to wonder
whether I want any special "words" on it.

On 12/28/2011 2:43 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:

> I have Rose's prototype KX3 dust covers, and trust me, they look great
> and fit perfectly.
>
> The KX3, with its top-facing controls, benefits even more from a dust
> cover than radios with front-facing knobs.
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR
>
> On Dec 28, 2011, at 11:33 AM, Rose wrote:
>
>> My thanks to all who have shown an interest in my
>> KX3 dust cover.  There's a prototype on the way to Wayne for his
>> final evaluation.  He's been most helpful in fitting several
>> prototypes to his KX3 and providing feedback, as I don't have one to
>> use as a mannequin.
>>
>> I'll have photos available and one posted on my URL
>> http://tinyurl.com/7lm3m5 in a few days.  All the fabric and thread
>> colors shown on the URL will of apply to the KX3 cover.  There may be
>> a limitation to the size and amount of embroidery due to the size of
>> the cover.
>>
>> I will offer the cover without the cutout for the paddle assembly for
>> those who don't plan to use it.  I don't envision being able to
>> include the paddles as part of the cover, BTW.
>>
>> Making the covers is "picky" work because of the small size and it
>> takes me longer to make a KX3 cover than one for a K2 or K3. There is
>> a small "pillow" needed on the inside of the top to raise the top up
>> to the level of the knobs. The pilow and the inside of the top is
>> lined with flannel to protect the display and front panel from
>> abrasion by the fabric.  I make the front of the P3 covers the same
>> way.
>>
>> The cost will be $38, PPD via First Class Mail.  As is the case with
>> the rest of my covers, you'll need to add $5 for non-US mailing.
>>
>> 73!
>>
>> Rose - N7HKW
>> [hidden email]
>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>>
>> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net Please help support this
>> email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html

> list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html

Re: Rose's KX3 dust covers

daleputnam

How about... "Elecommunicationist"

--...   ...--
Dale - WC7S in Wy

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
> Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 16:50:59 -0600
> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Rose's KX3 dust covers
>
> Me too.  I am thinking "Elegeek"
>
> 73,
> Bill
> K9YEQ

k6dgw
I have one of Rose's products, and it seems there is a very good reason
why she's associated with Elecraft ... my K2 case is a real work of
craftsmanship, just like the radio inside it.  And, it is exactly what I
asked for.  My wife is a stitching person, and when she saw it she said,
"Wow! That is really good."

A KX3 is not in my immediate future [still learning to use my K-Line,
KX1 and K2] but I'm certain Rose's covers will be a work of art.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2012 Cal QSO Party 6-7 Oct 2012
- www.cqp.org