SLA150 amp (actually HLA-150...my bad!) ... more info

SLA150 amp (actually HLA-150...my bad!) ... more info

john.brewer

 It's HLA-150 (not SLA-150 as I incorrectly noted...thanks for the correction Phil!)

 It's made in Italy, and not type accepted...probably because of the low drive requirements
      and the 10m coverage.

 It does have low pass filtering for each band, unlike the normal cheap CB amplifier (which
      RM also makes).

 They seem to be priced between $225 and $269 these days.

 Durham radio in Canada used to carry them, but now seems to only carry the 300 watt
version.

It's a nice little amp.... auto band sensing or manual...overload protection, and nicely
built.  RF sensed TR switching as well. There was an issue with birdies from the
uProcessor in it...I never heard them, but I sent mine back to Durham radio for their
rework. The alternative was to just manually switch between bands, which is also
a front panel option. It seems to be very nicely built, and I've had no problems
with mine    I wanted a separate amp, not one integrated into the
K2, so this was useful for me.

Here's their website:

http://www.rmitaly.com/News/HLA150.htm

They're available through Ebay sellers and Canadian ham stores. Mine was purchased
locally from the original owner.

If I can answer any more questions, I'll be happy to try.

John

PS: Regarding the type acceptance.... it's clear that this regulation did not affect anyone
(except the ham population...and there negatively) and was rarely enforced. I've also
heard that this de-facto ban on many ham linears is not long for this world..