SSB board install - RF board OK - thanks!!!

SSB board install - RF board OK - thanks!!!

Tim Logan
Thanks folks -
I love this reflector!!  Thanks to Don, David, Gary,  and many others who quickly told me how to jumper the RF board - which I did. The K2 still works perfectly in cw mode  - to my immense pleasure and relief. That just leaves the SSB board to trouble shoot - a far less daunting task than the RF board. Thanks very much folks - now to start inspecting that SSB board!
73/Tim NZ7C

> Hello all -
> My basic K2 #4667 was operating on cw EXTREMELY well (audio
> outstanding by the way compared to two prior K2's).
>
> However, today I finished and installed the SSB board. W2-W3and C167
> were removed from the RF board per instructions. According to the menu
> the SSB board is communicating with the K2. However I literally hear
> nothing but very quiet unchanging background noise. Before WWV was
> knocking my ears off at 10 o'clock on the AF knob.  If I remove the
> antenna there is no change in sound. If I remove the SSB board the
> background sound comes up but I still don't  to hear anything
> including WWV.
>
> What SHOULD I be able to hear in cw mode with W2-3 cut and C167
> removed and the SSB board off? I first need to determine if I may have
> harmed the RF board when removing the 3 items, but I do not not what
> it should be capable of with C167 removed. If it should be pretty much
> just like it was prior to cutting the jumpers and C167 then I have a
> major problem. (Shoot - that baby was running dyno-mite on cw!!!!!)
>
> If I can confirm the RF board is still OK then I will put SSB board
> back in and start voltage checks. Thanks in advance for any help.
> 73/Tim NZ7C

Re: SSB board install - RF board OK - thanks!!!

David-470
yea that ssb board is really tight and a things that you might think
touching won't cause a problem do.
after checking every solder joint with a magnifying glass I start checking
clearances of all the parts and made sure a piece of heavy paper could go
between every thing than reinstalled the ssb and everything worked for me.