SSB power problem

W1SBY
Ok, smart people, I am having a problem and I know not where to look...

I have a newly assembled K2 with DSP, NB, SSB, 160mtr, 60 mtr options,
MH2 mike. All testing went fine throughout.

I am not able to get any ALC indication unless I yell into the mike,
whistling sometimes will flicker one bar, if I am very loud.
Whistling into the mike gives different power output results on a per
band basis. K2 set for 10 watts, readings taken at either end of phone band.
SSBA set to 3
SSBC set to 1-1

160 mtrs nets 0.3 and 0.5 watts
80 mtrs nets 5 and 7 watts
40 mtrs nets 7 watts
20 mtrs nets 6 watts
17 mtrs nets 3 and 5 watts
15 mtrs nets 4 watts
12 mtrs nets 1 watt
10 mtrs nets 0.5 to 0.7 watts

It should be noted that CW mode works fine. The lowest output was 6
watts at the low end of 160 mtrs, 12 mtrs (both ends of band), and the
low end of 10 mtrs.

I have the resistor across pins 1 and 6 of the mike connector, all
jumpers are in place (straight across).

Bad mike?
Any ideas?

73 de Allen, W1SBY

73 de Allen, W1SBY

Re: SSB power problem

Don Wilhelm-4
Allen,

Set SSBC to 3-1 and try it again.  I believe you will be pleasantly
surprised.  You may even be able to move the SSBA parameter to 1 if you
set the compresssion higher.