Second Configuration

Jim Stoneback-2
Hi,

I'm wondering if there is any chance that the KX3 might be offered in the more traditional desktop configuration i.e. user interface on a front panel, connectors on the back?  This would be for those of us not interested in a trail-friendly package but rather a small high performance home station QRP rig?

72/73,

Jim, K4AXF
Grottoes, VA

Re: Second Configuration

David Pratt
It already is, Jim;  it's called the K3, currently available for
immediate despatch. For QRP, order it without the 100W PA.  Or maybe the
K2 if you prefer to build it yourself.

73 de David G4DMP

In a recent message, Jim Stoneback <[hidden email]> writes
--
 + - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - +
 | David M Pratt, Kippax, Leeds.   |

Re: Second Configuration

Jim,

For my part, like the KX1, it is quite comfortable to operate as-is in a
home station environment.  Built in legs in the rear can  be extended
and make it quite easy to use the tuning knob and the buttons if you
prefer that over the "flat on the desktop" position.  In a few months,
you may be able to try one out at a hamfest where there is an Elecraft
booth before deciding that it would be better with a vertical front panel.

As has been pointed out, the K3 does offer the traditional front panel
with connections in the rear.

On 10/20/2011 10:06 AM, Jim Stoneback wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if there is any chance that the KX3 might be offered in the more traditional desktop configuration i.e. user interface on a front panel, connectors on the back?  This would be for those of us not interested in a trail-friendly package but rather a small high performance home station QRP rig?
>
> 72/73,
>
> Jim, K4AXF
> Grottoes, VA

Re: Second Configuration

wayne burdick
Hi Jim,

I think you'll find that the KX3 works just as well at home as in the
field. The tilt feet in the back hold the radio at a very convenient
operating angle, and all the cables we supply have right-angle plugs
to keep things looking sharp.

I'd encourage anyone with a KX3 to keep a charged internal or external
battery pack around, as well as a portable antenna system. You just
might have a hankering to operating the field, or encounter an
emergency situation. (You can create your own emergency situation, if
necessary, by attempting to operate in the field with your old 50-
pound radio :)

73,
Wayne
N6KR