Serial cable for my new K3

Norm Duxbury
Roger Marrotte wrote:

I know that I could cut off one end of
my cable and solder on a male connector.  I also see that Radio Shack has a
pre-made cable described as a 6-Ft. DB9 M/F Extension Cable #26-117.  I'm
leaning toward this option because the Radio Shack has nice knobs vs. screws
to attach and detach the cables.  In either case I need to know if the K3
requires a straight through cable or a null modem cable where the transmit
and receive lines are reversed.  I looked for this info in the K3 manual and
couldn't find it.  I'm assuming the Radio Shack "Extension" cable is
straight through.

Any and all help would be appreciated.
Roger:Radio Shack makes a "gender changer," consisting of back-to-back 9-pin
males.  This can be used easily, without cutting cables, to solve your
problem.73, Norm - W1MO

Re: Serial cable for my new K3

Jerry Flanders
You need a straight through cable. Also, you can get whatever
connectors on the ends that you need - these cables are made in
several configurations - you shouldn't need a gender changer. I don't
recall right now what the K3 requires.

Jerry W4UK