Serial port control of KPA500?

tomb18
Hi,

I have the K3, KPA500 and the P3.  So far I only connected the KPA directly to my computer but it should work like the K3 right?  So, can I just take the out of the P3 and plug the cable into the RS232 port on the KPA500?

Thanks

Re: Serial port control of KPA500?

Dick Dievendorff
Nope.  The KPA500 does not "forward" data from one serial port to the other,
and the P3 expects to talk directly to a K3, not to a KPA500.

The two KPA500 serial ports are for a Personal Computer and a Kenwood radio.

Dick, K6KR

Re: Serial port control of KPA500?

tomb18
Ok, thanks for the info.