Setting Filter Gain in KRX3

Roy Morris-6
I have installed the KFL3A-500 filter in slot #5 in both receivers.  When I set main receiver FL5 GN to 6 dB and go to B SET, the gain sounds about the same in the KRX3 as it does in the main receiver.  Since the dB setting cannot be seen in B SETdisplay, how do you know the gain settings are the same?  When the main receiver filter bandwidth, offset and gain are set  in CONFIG, does the corresponding KRX3 filter automatically get set to the same parameters regardless of filter slot used?  Maybe all this can be determined in K3 UTILITY.  Any comments would be appreciated.  Roy Morris  W4WFB

RE: Setting Filter Gain in KRX3

Dick Dievendorff

You can use the K3 Utility filter configuration tool to verify the filter settings for both main and sub receiver.  From the K3 Utility’s “Configuration” tab, click “Edit Crystal Filters” and click on the Main / Sub Receiver radio button at the bottom left of the dialog.

The main receiver filter settings are distinct from the sub receiver filter settings.  Setting the main receiver’s filters does not set the configuration of the sub receiver filters.

I loaned my K3 to K7RI to get ready for Sweepstakes or I’d try to describe how to view and set the sub receiver filter configuration from the K3’s front panel. I believe it can be done, I just can’t verify the procedure.

Dick, K6KR

I have installed the KFL3A-500 filter in slot #5 in both receivers.  When I set main receiver FL5 GN to 6 dB and go to B SET, the gain sounds about the same in the KRX3 as it does in the main receiver.  Since the dB setting cannot be seen in B SETdisplay, how do you know the gain settings are the same?  When the main receiver filter bandwidth, offset and gain are set  in CONFIG, does the corresponding KRX3 filter automatically get set to the same parameters regardless of filter slot used?  Maybe all this can be determined in K3 UTILITY.  Any comments would be appreciated.  Roy Morris  W4WFB

RE: Setting Filter Gain in KRX3

Joe Subich, W4TV-3

> I loaned my K3 to K7RI to get ready for Sweepstakes or I'd
> try to describe how to view and set the sub receiver filter
> configuration from the K3's front panel. I believe it can be
> done, I just can't verify the procedure.

 Enter the CONFIG menu ...
 Select FLx GN
 Press SUB (display will change to SUB # db)
 Adjust gain as needed
 Press SUB (display will change to rF # db)

 SUB designates KRX3 settings, rF designates KRX3 settings

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

Elecraft] Any for sale?

Jim-168
Anyone having & wanting to sell any of the below listed K-3 roofing filters
please reply privately to me off the list with your price.

Thanks de KE4WY Jim

KFL3A-400  400 Hz, narrow 8-pole roofing filter
KFL3A-500  500 Hz, narrow 5-pole roofing filter
KFL3A-2.1K  2.1 kHz, 8-pole roofing filter
KFL3A-1.8K  1.8 kHz, 8-pole roofing filter