Setting K3 Power Levels For KPA500

Bruce W1UJR
In the operations manual it mentions that two power levels can be programed into the K3, a low power driver setting, and higher level for operating without the amp.

Despite my best searching, I can not figure out the process.

Cordially,
Bruce J. Howes

Sent from my iPad

Re: Setting K3 Power Levels For KPA500

AC7AC
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Setting K3 Power Levels For KPA500

Bruce W1UJR
Thank you Ron and everyone else.
I could not find that somehow, just tried it, including presetting the power levels, boy does work slick!

I very much appreciate the level of help and guidance displayed here, 100%.

Cordially,
Bruce J. Howes W1UJR

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 2, 2011, at 10:50 PM, Ron D'Eau Claire <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Aaargh - I forgot to say to exit the CONFIG menu after setting PER BAND.
>
> Ron

George Danner
My Got Ya:
One part of the learning curve that I discovered is that you must turn on
the K3 before placing the KPA500 in Operate when you first power=up the
station.
On my desk it was just more logical to turn on the KPA first and while I was
there to press Oper. I Then had to figure out why I overdrove the power amp.
Once I overdrove the amp all was good since placing the amp in Operate again
cured the original Operator Error!
George
AI4VZ

I could not find that somehow, just tried it, including presetting the power
levels, boy does work slick!

Re: Setting K3 Power Levels For KPA500

Dan AE9K
I would only add that on the KPA500, make sure AUXBUS is ON.  Bandswitching works with it off but the STBY/OPER power level tracking and the KPA500 status messages in the K3's VFO B display don't.

Dan
AE9K