Sharing K3s I/O between devices

G4ABX
Good afternoon all.
I have just implemented a Remote Rig Setup which is working, more or less. (No PTT on Mic for some reason)
My Control Station consists of a K3s, P3, MicroKeyer II, StationMaster, Remote Rig Box, 1K-FA, Rotator control and a Logging PC (MAC running MLDX)

Every time I use the RemoteRig setup to control my remote station (a K3, P3, Microkeyer II, RRC) I have to mostly disconnect my 'Normal' Station and switch MIC, KEY, PTT, etc from the K3s to the RRC. This is a pain -- and I've already broken cables after multiple connects/disconnects which have led to hours of frustration trying to find out what didn't work any more?!

My ideal scenario would to simply 'Plumb in' the RemoteRig box into my existing K3, MicroKeyer II, StationMaster, 1K-FA set up so the only action needed by me was to hold the MENU button of the K3s to switch the rig into Terminal mode.

I guess it comes down to whether all the elements can share the K3 ports of various types?
Has anyone done this?

Is this possible or is this fantasy?

73
Bruce G4ABX

Re: Sharing K3s I/O between devices

'DGB'
I recommend you calling Brandon at Elecraft.

I promise he will be able to get you going quicker then anyone else.

73 Dwight NS9I

On 6/24/2016 10:32 AM, G4ABX wrote:

> Good afternoon all.
> I have just implemented a Remote Rig Setup which is working, more or less.
> (No PTT on Mic for some reason)
> My Control Station consists of a K3s, P3, MicroKeyer II, StationMaster,
> Remote Rig Box, 1K-FA, Rotator control and a Logging PC (MAC running MLDX)
>
> Every time I use the RemoteRig setup to control my remote station (a K3, P3,
> Microkeyer II, RRC) I have to mostly disconnect my 'Normal' Station and
> switch MIC, KEY, PTT, etc from the K3s to the RRC. This is a pain -- and
> I've already broken cables after multiple connects/disconnects which have
> led to hours of frustration trying to find out what didn't work any more?!
>
> My ideal scenario would to simply 'Plumb in' the RemoteRig box into my
> existing K3, MicroKeyer II, StationMaster, 1K-FA set up so the only action
> needed by me was to hold the MENU button of the K3s to switch the rig into
> Terminal mode.
>
> I guess it comes down to whether all the elements can share the K3 ports of
> various types?
> Has anyone done this?
>
> Is this possible or is this fantasy?
>
> 73